Host a Pit Stop
On Bike to Work Day 2017 we had over 75 Pit Stops! We are always happy to see the number of pit stops around the city continue to grow.
Thanks to all of the organizations and communities that have hosted pit stops over the years. We hope that many of you are planning to return for Bike to Work Day this year on Monday, June 18th, 2018.
That’s right, we’ve moved to Monday. This year to bookend our big Bike Week we will launch with Bike to Work Day on MONDAY and close with Ciclovia on Sunday, June 24th.
Pit stops are hosted by Bike Week volunteers, community groups and our corporate sponsors from 6:30-9:00 am on Monday, June 18th- Bike to Work Day. The aim is to reach as many commuters as possible by ensuring pit stops are located on visible, busy commuter paths throughout the entire city — not just downtown. We will begin registering pit-stops in March and in launch our 2018 pit stop map online in May. We will keep it updated as more groups sign up and the number of pit stops grow.
Bike Week Winnipeg will do our best to assist your organization in planning your pit stop. We provide a banner and some training for your stop at our annual pit stop meeting, and it’s up to you to make your pit stop unique by providing food, beverages, contests or prizing- the sky is the limit! If you think that your organization would be a good fit for a pit stop please contact Event Producers Fête Jockey email@example.com or sign up below.
Information for Pit-Stop Hosts
- Bike Week is moving to make Pit-Stops more independent and as such we will not be providing food and beverages for all pit-stops. With over 50 pit-stops the coordination of food and beverages has become difficult and our hope is that pit-stop hosts will connect with local businesses, thereby providing more diversity and interest to the large number of pit-stops.
- Bike Week will provide assistance and recommendations for pit-stop sponsors. We will be negotiating with some larger potential suppliers for food and beverages, however we are not guaranteed sponsorship and thus cannot guarantee that any products can or will be provided. If we are successful is negotiating with any suppliers (e.g. Tim Hortons, Starbucks, etc.) we will notify all pit-stop sponsors and provide contact information.
- Bike Week asks that pit-stops consider providing a bike mechanic at their location. Mechanics only need to provide basic services like filling low tires and lubrication chains. Bike Week will provide the chain lubricant for all pit-stops. If you are unable to provide a mechanic as your location please notify our pit stop coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org) and we will do our best to provide a mechanic.
- Bike Week asks pit-stop sponsors try to provide:
- Advertising in their community prior to the event
- A minimum of 2 volunteers to help run the pit stop
- Water (preferably not bottled, but to fill up riders’ water bottles)
- Food and snacks
- Transportation of signage and snacks (bike trailer preferred)
- 1 or 2 tables + chairs
- Ideas to make your pit stop stand out (prizes, live music etc)
- Bike mechanical assistance (fill tires, minor adjustments etc)
- Please provide details of any promo, music, or prizes that you will be providing at your location so that we can promote these on our website.
The pit-stop sign up form below will be updated by January 2018 however in the meantime please feel free to contact email@example.com for any information.